ONLINE TRAINING CENTER
Our Discipleship Training Center is going live. There is opportunity for in-depth training in Biblical studies, mentoring and community. Many resources will be available through the FaithLife Equip Platform that includes access to Logos Bible Software with over 300 resources and FaithLife TV.
Interested? Become a member. Then browse to the RAD tab on the Announcements page when you log in.
As far as training Christians how to think and feel and act as a Christian — that is, discipling in the sense of growing them into more and more maturity — that happens in so many ways in the New Testament. Here is just a grocery list of possibilities:
- Titus 2:4 — Older women are to train younger women.
- Second Timothy 2:2 — Paul trained Timothy to train others to train others.
- Ephesians 6:4 — Fathers are to train their children.
- Matthew 28:20 — Missionaries are to teach the nations everything Jesus commanded.
- Hebrews 3:13 — All Christians are to exhort each other every day to avoid sin and to stir each other up to love and good works (see also Hebrews 10:24–25).
- First Peter 4:10 — All Christians are to use their gifts to serve others.
- Acts 18:24–26 — Priscilla and Aquila, on the spur of the moment it seems, explained the way of God more accurately to Apollos.
Every Christian should be helping unbelievers become believers by showing them Christ. That is making a disciple. And every Christian should be helping other believers grow to more and more maturity. That is making a disciple.
And every Christian should be seeking to get help for themselves from others to keep on growing. And that is also our discipleship. And every church should think through how all of these kinds of biblical disciple-making find expression in their corporate life.